Business can be brutal because… well, that’s business! For every success you have in growing your market share, other businesses will inevitably lose ground. Here are 3 simple tips to help you beat your competition.
- Focus on leads, not sales
- Of course, we all want to spark business growth and increase revenue. The way you do this in a sustainable way is to focus instead on the building of a loyal database of avid fans. Content marketing, paired with optimized website forms and intelligent email automation follow-up is critical to business success. This approach builds trust by giving away free value before asking for someone’s hard-earned money.
- Don’t sell products, provide solutions
- Like it or not, folks out there aren’t searching for your brand. They’re just looking to solve a problem or find a particular type of product (unless you run Starbucks or Adidas!) Don’t list all the benefits your product brings. Focus on the solutions. Explain to the customer in simple, straightforward terms how or why your product can help them to reach their goals.
- Hire friendly customer-facing staff
- Yes, it sounds obvious, but it’s so very important! Whether consciously or not, people are more likely to purchase a product if they like the sales assistant who’s attending to them. Friendly customer-facing staff will always attract more sales.