When you’re getting ready to travel nurse, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your chosen agency can provide you with everything you need.
But choosing a good agency is important because they’ll be your partner while you’re on the road. They’ll help guide your career and make sure that you’re always working in safe environments with high-quality facilities.
So what should you look for when choosing an agency?
Here are some tips:
Check out their reviews. Sites like Glassdoor and Indeed will have reviews from current and past employees about their experience at different agencies. Take note of how many employees gave each company a positive review and see if there are any trends or patterns in what people are saying about them. If there’s only one bad review but it says something like “they never pay on time,” that’s not as concerning as if there are multiple complaints about poor communication or underpaying employees.
Look at the size of their network. A large network means that there are more opportunities for you to find travel nursing jobs throughout North America, Europe or Australia/New Zealand — wherever your travel nursing assignment may take you! You want an agency that has access to all the major hospitals
Choosing a travel nursing agency is one of the most important decisions you will make in your career. It can be challenging to navigate through all of the options available, but it’s worth it.
There are several things to consider when choosing an agency, including:
– The size and strength of the company
– How long they have been in business
– What their reputation is like in the industry, especially among travel nurses
– What kind of training and support they offer for new hires
– The types of assignments they offer
There are two main types of companies: direct hire and contingent (travel) assignment agencies. The difference between these two is that direct hire agencies work directly with hospitals and other employers to fill positions while contingent (travel) assignment agencies work with nurses who are looking for jobs.
If you’re looking for a direct hire position, it’s usually best to look online or call local hospitals directly to see if they have any openings in their departments. If they don’t have any open positions right now but know someone who might have one in the future, they may be able to put you in touch with them so that they can get an application from you when the time comes. However, this does not guarantee that there will be an opening for you when it does open up! In fact, there is no guarantee at all that there will be an opening when it does open up! Your best bet here would be to contact multiple hospitals.
When you’re searching for a travel nursing agency, you want to make sure they’ll be able to meet all of your needs. Overall – try to focus on these factors:
1. Reputation – It’s important to research the reputation of the agency before signing up with them. Check out reviews on sites like Yelp and Google, or look for testimonials from other travelers on social media or forums such as Reddit or Glassdoor. You can also ask around at work or in your community to see if anyone has used the agency before and what their experience was like.
2. Company size – If you’re looking for an agency that will offer full-time benefits, it’s important that they have enough employees to support this type of travel nurse program. Look for agencies with at least 100 nurses on staff and avoid those with fewer than 50 employees; these are usually just small local agencies that don’t have much clout when it comes to negotiating contracts with hospitals.
3. Experience – This is another factor to keep in mind when choosing an agency; ideally they should have been around for several years and have contracts with hospitals throughout your state as well as others across the country (if you’re planning on traveling).